Jan 19 2015
Instead of making the same, old, still-not-accomplished resolutions every year, we suggest that this year, you make a resolution that’s not difficult, will bring you great satisfaction, and will support career success: renew your wardrobe. Here’s how to get it done without getting stressed:
- Restock the basics. Your go-to shirts will be the first to fray at the collar and cuffs. Replenishing your supply of white and blue shirts will ensure you always have your most dependable options available.
- Embrace new colors. Expand your color choices in whichever palette works best for you, including light, medium, and dark shades of your favorite colors.
- Enjoy subtle textures. Weave patterns and a variety of natural fibers can bring a fresh look to your clothing, whether used for a sport coat, a working-week suit, or for shirts designed for a night on the town.
- Accentuate. The easiest way to improve the visual appeal of your wardrobe is by adding a few well-chosen accent pieces, including ties, pocket squares, a watch, and a tie bar.
- Broaden your foundation. Invest in another pair of dress shoes—it’s amazing how easily a different shoe style or color can give your ensemble a quick pick-me-up.
Start now to freshen your wardrobe, and soon you’ll have at least one resolution that you can check off your list.