We keep an eye on designers’ trends for men’s fashion, and a few common elements are emerging for Fall and Winter 2014. While classic clothing of true style form the basis of a strong custom wardrobe, keeping in touch with the current offerings can help you keep your look fresh. Some developments worth noting are:
- Monochromatic ensembles. The darker colors of winter are tending toward single-toned looks. Some designers have focused on dark greens, while others favor black with white accents.
- Slim slacks. Crisp trousers, reminiscent of the early to mid 1960’s, are heavily featured this fall. A pleasing visual contrast is being made by pairing trim trousers with a boxier gym or weekend bag.
- Orange accent. We’re seeing designers couple items in brilliant shades of orange with dark neutrals. Adding orange to an outfit in grays is a particularly appealing combination.
- Formal in browns. One forecasted trend calls for formal clothing, which has recently favored navy blues, to turn to rich browns.
- Touchable textures. Recent runway shows have featured a variety of luxurious textures and weaves in their concept pieces. Look for lush (even plush) fabrics that draw the eye and invite a second glance.
This fall, consider adding a few of today’s most sought-after elements to your custom wardrobe—tailored to your unique personal style, of course!