Looking your best doesn’t end with Friday rush-hour traffic. Even when you’re not working, your clothing choices reflect the same sense of personal style and confidence that makes your business attire remarkable. Whether you’re enjoying a dinner party or a night out with the guys, your casual wear wardrobe sets the tone.
- Dress for the venue—A downtown hotspot requires a little more glam than video night at your best friend’s place.
- Avoid baggy or too-tight items—Your clothing should fit well, and offer just enough room to move comfortably.
- Choose dark blue jeans (not light or black)—Avoid extraneous embellishment or faded areas.
- Step it up from tees—A well-tailored shirt shows off your unique style.
- Shoes still matter—Scuffed, faded shoes take away from any look.
- Limit your ensemble to two or three colors—Any more than that looks garish.
- When in doubt, go black and white—Nothing beats that timeless contrast.
When your business clothing is supplemented with stylish mix-and-match casual wear, you can dress elegantly for any occasion.